Our navigation system recently became available in the Google PlayStore. An unusual step for a B2B supplier? We think not. The further development of our navigation system makes it more interesting than ever for anyone who travels a lot. We offer a genuine driver assistance system where the route from A to B is just one of many components.
Of course we continue to sell MapTrip as a professional solution with interfaces and SDK for integration into larger systems and to meet industry-specific requirements. But those who want to integrate a good navigation system into their solution will not buy it blindly. A professional wants to test it. With the mobile MapTrip version in the Google PlayStore, we have created an ideal way to do this.
MapTrip with all basic features is available free in the Google PlayStore. For extra service, MapTrip can be upgraded to the premium version at any time.
- Routing for professionals: Always with the fastest routes, even for familiar trips.
- OpenStreetMap maps for our free users (thank you to the OSM community!).
- TomTom maps for the entire DACH region in the premium version.
- Congestion avoidance: Secret paths through traffic with TomTom traffic information (in the premium version).
- Speed limits per camera scan: Speed limit road signs can be recognised with a smart phone camera. The advantage is that the navigation system does not have to depend on possibly delayed live updates from the internet.
- Speed camera warning: Through our partnership with Blitzer.de, we warn of permanently installed speed cameras in the free version and mobile radar traps in the premium version.
- Fuel prices: Through our partnership with CleverTanken, the way to the lowest-price filling stations in the vicinity (free version) or even along the route (premium version) is shown. (Here the true added value is that the system does not search for filling stations so you can drive there. Instead, it finds the lowest-priced filling stations that are along the route ANYWAY!)
- On and off-board routing: Current information comes from the server, but the navigation system works even without internet when the maps are installed in advance.
- Intuitive operation: Scrolling through the various operating modes is quick and simple with straightforward swiping motions.
In the mobile MapTrip version, professional navigation is now easy to use even for consumers and available anywhere, any time for commercial users.